Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update

WE DID IT!!!

Things started awesomely enough. Even a ray of sunshine. It was smooth sailing until approximately mile 7. That's when the skies opened and the torrential downpour began. No tornadoes or hail, so a success. :)

The last 6 or so miles ended up being more of a jog with hoop in hand. We were trying desperately not be picked up by the bus that was coming to rescue peeps off the course. Even the cop cars were all saying, "we encourage you to abandon the course and seek shelter."

Now.... I'm telling you what. I was freezing, tired, hungry and soaked... but this girl was not quitting. None of us did, actually. 72 determined women is something of a force to be dealt with. I'm almost curious what it would have looked like for them to try and wrangle us onto the rescue vehicle. It turned out for the best, obv.

Here's my (Green) Team

 Here we are post race... all 72 of us:


 Many more stories to tell and pictures to locate. Don't your worry. In fact, Kris took some video footage that I'll be sharing with you as soon as I figure out how to make a lil movie out of it. What is an accomplishment if it isn't overshadowed by "Eye of the Tiger"? duh.

OH. and here's my hair:


AND, as if having Kristin in town, hooping a half marathon,  getting my hair cut in my own kitchen, eating sushi, hitting up a b-day party for three friends, a sleep over on Laudy, brunching with an old friend and going to a wedding shower weren't enough for a weekend... we went to Alexis and Jason's wedding! It was so fun and, naturally, the dancing was the highlight.

Alas, its time for me to be asleep, but I just couldn't leave you hanging. 
More tomorrow. Or Wednesday. OR WHENEVER LIFE SLOWS DOWN.

9 comments:

freshie (and zero) said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you - way to go to all the hoopers!

And next time your sister is in town, sign me up for a haircut!!

Emily said...

1. i am so proud of you.
2. your hair is so flippin cute.
3. you are my hero.

JC said...

let me get this straight...

hooping a marathon with a tornado warning eminent?

the same girl who used to hear the first syllable "TOR..." and haul ass for the pantry with a "bike helmut and a bottle of tequila"?

REALLY!!??!!

so proud!

Kelley said...

J- I KNOW! I'm growing up in front of your eyes.

Thought about the helmet, though...

Thanks Beth and Emmy!!

GJ said...

Your. Hair. Looks. FABULOUS.

achiccritique said...

Oh Kelley Kirker, your hair looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Love the new do, girl. You know I secretly read your blog every day. Yep. Not ashamed. Check out my new business when you have a chance! :) Annie H. www.achiccritique.com

Kelley said...

jo- your FACE is fabulous! ;)

ANNIE- that is so so awesome and SO YOU! Congrats, sister. you may need to help a sister out. xoox

Heidi said...

Love, love, LOVE the hair Kel. xoxo

Cameron said...

Hmmmm . . . your Mother's first husband's second child looks just like this! Freaky.