Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Goodness

what a weekend!

On Friday, i had no idea what my weekend would look like. After the Family Dinner (at CCEN), i had high hopes for a night on the town with Meg. Alas, i was SO TIRED at 9pm that i took a swan dive into my bed! if that ain't the essence of 29, i don't know what is.

Before calling it a night, though, Neal tells me of an adventure waiting for me... my inaugural trip to see the University of Tennessee Volunteers play some good ole SEC football. (in case you're keeping up, that means that in three weekends, i have attended THREE SEC football games... for free!!) thrilling.

So, when i rolled out of bed at 6:30am, in order to get to Neal's by 7:30a, i discovered a problem.
This is what my face looked like:

NO, i have no clue why. except for, perhaps, the awesome zit living on my brow line. but... really?? So, throughout the day, the eye went down due mostly to the ice from brad, ibuprofen from neal, and laughter from chelsea. everyone played their role. UT dominated the University of Alabama at Birmingham. (go blazers...?) It was arguably 412 degrees in the sun on Saturday. I could only pity the poor frosh who undoubtedly got stuck wearing the felt dragon mascot uniform.

So, i wake up on Sunday to go running with Amy Marie and had swelling in both eyes. nothing terrible... just looked puffy. i do have to say, incidentally, that i had previously been anti-botox, but suddenly i lost a couple years when the "concentration lines" disappeared on my brow! not bad. i digress...

So, by the end of the day on Sunday, I had mostly deflated. only BIG bummer is the now present fever blister on my lip! oy vey! AND swollen glands under my chin. (i can just hear my old roomie julie giggling... i am THE MOST body aware person you'll meet. i mean... i notice blood vessels in my hands, a new freckle, and definitely any new pains. it is borderline silly.)

Whatever my body is trying to fight off is taking it out of me! As Jim Halpert, my ficticious dream husband, said best, "Lord, beer me strength."

4 comments:

Deborah Barnett said...

okay - weird. You are the 3rd person I know who has woken up with one eye swollen in the last 48 hours. One lives in Maryland, one in Texas and you.

Must be some national one-eyed epidemic.

Hope you're doing better!
Deb

Emily said...

this is reason 287 why you are my friend. i'm sorry about the fever blister :(

Cameron said...

not exactly falling-apart at the tender age of twenty-nine, but surely bearing the burden of some weird crud on the face. (all the real beauties are called to suffer, you know) i must say that i much prefer the madame blogress photo to the one resembling evidence in a criminal domestic violence case. deflate cutie! 143 forever

freshie (and zero) said...

that picture is hilarious. i've had a similar thing happen to me so if you still have some swelling, let me know and i'll tell you what my eye doctor told me to do about it.

cold sores suck. i get huge ones about every 4 or 5 months so again - i feel your pain! luckily we all know you're adorable and don't care that you have a temporary bump on your mouth - i bet it's not even noticeable.