Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BIRTHDAY Surprises and fun!

You just need to know that I have the best friends EVUH!

Let me walk you through my birthday weekend (the actual day being Sunday the 7th!)

Saturday morning i went to a baby shower for my dear friend Laurie who is expecting her first GIRL! She has a precious boy Nate already. Add in her hubby George and they are seriously the most precious family you've ever seen! Anyhow, got to go to her shower and it was lovely!

Next a few of us headed out to Columbia, TN where there was a surprise party for ADAM! he's the best and it was so fun to celebrate him at his parents place. We all had a blast. here's the group pic for the day!
Adrienne, Chelsea and Molly whisked me away after the party telling me only that i needed to be ready by 6pm. With extreme excitement, I readied myself. At 6pm, Adrienne and Chelsea arrive looking cute as buttons. Moments later SARAH JUNE busts through the door and is met with my tears! i was so excited and surprised that i cried! :) They put me in the car and bring me to the lovely Signature Nail Salon for pedis!

Next we go over to one of my favorite restaurants Calypso Cafe! We grab the food to-go and head over to Centennial Park where my friends are ALL assembled and ready to dance the night away with me! :) it was the sweetest surprise! Every summer there a big band in the park each Saturday to play the best music. they even give dance lessons. this was the last week, so the lessons didn't happen, but it was amazingly fun. At one point, i was pretending to Polka with Doug and laughing so hard that i couldn't breathe... or move. It was SUCH a fun night. It finished with drinks at Rumba where i enjoyed my first vanilla mojito- incredible!

Here are some pics from the evening:



As if that weren't enough, on the morning of my actual b-day, i was taken to brunch at my very favorite Nashville restaurant, Cafe Margot. Claire, Courtney, Leslie, Chancey and Anna joined me for some beyond tasty food and extra special birthday love. Look how fun:





I am one extremely thankful girl! Thanks, everyone, for the Birthday Love! Turning 29 was never SO MUCH FUN! :)

4 comments:

GJ said...

10,000 Happy Birthdays to you!!! I feel like a heel cause I didn't know it was your blessed day but you know I love you more than French fries. So there.

Anonymous said...

wow! Kel, you are LOVED by sooo many! Love ya!
Libbie

Kelley said...

libber, you're SO right! it is so sweet and wonderful of you all!

jo- more than french fries?! wow. thats serious!! ahhhh! :) ditto!

freshie (and zero) said...

Happy birthday cutie pie!!! 29 is going to be a fabulous year!