Thursday, September 18, 2008

sleepless in nashville

lately, i am having trouble winding down at night in enough time to get good sleep. Here's the problem... Once I make it past 9:30p or so (what? i get sleepy early!), i am up til 1am minimum. Its not intentional. Its just that once i get the second wind- i am UP and at 'em.

This would be so easily solved if i were willing to just go to bed at 9:30p. Unfortunately, i am not. I almost always have something to do; an issue to consider, laundry to do, people to spend time with, an award winning program on the tele to watch- things of this nature.

I am realizing, as i write this, that this is more of a rhetorical post. I'm not all that interested in "calming down" rememdies. i am more interested in telling you what a nut i am. I mean, seriously, i walk around tired during the day out of sleep deprivation but cannot get around to going to bed at a decent hour.

hmmmm.

being a night owl can be kind of lonely. but- at least i scoured the new "Real Simple" and am now something of a whiz at "streamlining my skin-care routine". standard girl stuff.

incidentally, the good ole fever blister is 90% gone (hallelujah) but i just have other nagging ailments like swollen glands and such. i wonder what in the world my body is warding off.

As i attempt to doze off, I will leave you with an "instant" organizing tip from R.S.:

purchase a shoe organizer for electronics/chargers. hang it over the door and label the compartments.

genius.

wait.... i just yawned. yay!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wow. This sounds exactly like me. Why God, why?! :)

Real Simple is awesome.

You're awesome. Love you. xo