Thursday, March 20, 2008

london bridges...

Here's a story for you:

Last evening, as I headed to a consultation, I realized i needed some more gas in the old tank, so i swung into a station. All seemed well as i swiped the card, set up the nozzle, and set the auto switch thingy... right up until i turned to step into my warm car. THAT is when i forgot i was wearing heels. that is also when i managed to clothesline myself with the cord of the nozzle. ALSO when i hit the ground with amazing force. onto my knee. I would have cried had i allowed myself to realize the pain. instead, i was laughing SO hard at the thought of how funny that must have looked.

so i wrapped my wound with a bag of frozen summer vegetables and enjoyed an ice cream sandwich, thank you very much.

will i ever stop being clumsy clara? better yet, will it somehow become an attractive quality to a gentleman caller?

ha ha...doubtful on both points.

5 comments:

Beloved said...

I can't believe you went through all that just to get an ice cream sandwich!!
XXOO

Jonathan said...

I hope you're alright.

charlotte said...

THAT, my friend is why
i love you!!!

TheDonUSC said...

I wish I could have been there. I would have laughed really hard at you. And then bought you as many ice cream sandwiches as you wanted!

freshie (and zero) said...

Ouch! You poor thing! I'm a klutz too so I can totally relate.