Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lets Get Physical

we all know Olivia Newton John said it best.... lets get physical!

Before you go pulling out your sweat band, let me back up a step.

So, last week, my dear soul sister of a college bestie Katherine, emails the other three of us college friends to challenge us. She's good like that. Specifically, she challenged us to a 7 Day jump start to health sort of a Quest. You may be thinking, "Kelley... i love you and all (we're close, you and me) but you need more than 7 days of wellness, OK!?" and i would have to agree. the idea is that i will be motivated upon feeling so good that i jump into at least one more week and so on and so forth. Here.... read her blogspiration for yourself.

Needless to say, this was a big change for this girl. I love food. i mean- i love good -for- me food, i love not -good- for -me food, and everything in between. That being said, I am not a terribly unhealthy eater. I mean, i would choose grilled salmon over almost anything. unfortunately that doesn't cover a multitude of sinful french fries. sorry- freedom fries.

As the week's beginning rolled around, i was visiting my beloved sister! It was fabulous and quite honestly, she helped motivate me toward the health quest. Kristin got up and went to the store so there would be eggs and fruit to devour. she's so good. We ate breakfast so late that the next meal was at about 5pm and it was simple and fabulous as well. (sidenote: my biggest shock lies in how often i pace around the kitchen like an addict. swarming around the morsels of food trying not to give in out of habit or boredom. It has been really weird.)

Tuesday was good also! It helps when i am trapped in the car for 7 hours. no kitchen pacing. The cravings started to give way anyhow. so nice. I went to the store before working for the evening so that i could choose some lovely, earth -reaped whole food goodness... and water. LOTS of water. I met up with some peeps, later on, and among them was Nathan. He is already a convert of this way of eating. (if i may say so, it shows. he's very healthy. well, i guess now i'll know if he reads this blog. ha.) He referred to it as the Paleo Diet. a VERY intriguing google search, if you have the time.

Today, Wednesday, was my best day yet! veggies! fruit! more fruit! pork loin and mashed sweet potatoes with a salad! WATER! discipline! victory.

Ok... don't fret. i will not be "that girl" who starts to log my every meal. no time for such lunacy. Suffice it to say, i feel great. Perhaps i am actually detoxifying my system! how nice! I just need to conquer the caffeine battle. that will ensure my maximum health potential.

Bottom line: i've decided i want to be/feel (and look.. why not?) my best. in 2008. You have permish to hold me to it. (unless, of course, I'm drinking a margarita. then, its in your best interest to just let me just enjoy it!) Look out world!

Ahem- back to the challenge at hand- getting physical. part of the challenge is exercising for 30 minutes a day. I love this part! especially when it is almost TOO beautiful out lately! Now that the race is behind me, i get to toss it up. pilates, hip hop dance, etc. I am finding this step is the key! I can eat right but without the exercise, it won't work.

So, here's to you, Katherine. motivator of motivators. here's to kristin for hiding the honey roasted peanuts and here's to you, blog reader, for your support. Preesh!

1 comment:

Beloved said...

I've been waiting on this post b/c I knew it would come :) Now you are motivating me back...(did you see my husband? He is not exactly holding me to this!) THANK YOU. It is better in the company of 2! (or 4.)