Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Silver lining

Friends, in the midst of disaster in Middle Tennessee, there are a few highlights. Genuine "I'll get in the water up to my hips to save your belongings even if I've never met you" community is breaking out all over the place. It warms my heart.

We are a resilient town. We love well, it seems.

The photos are horrifying; the damage and disaster so widespread.

BUT we will bounce back. We will move on. We will help until no more help is needed.

Last night, I had the distinct pleasure of sitting on a cozy (dry) porch with some of my best friends in Nashville. We all sat around talking and eating some of the BEST food ever. It was one of those moments. You know... where you look around and don't want to be ANYwhere else.

Today, I got an email from my friend Whitney to announce the online launch of her UH-mazing online magazine called "SeaShine Magazine". I even got to throw in my two cents about organizing. I'm a contributor, y'all! :)

So, there is a bit of silver shining through in this Flood 2010 experience. :)

No comments: