Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shake it Off

No, that title isn't *only* because I'm listening to Mariah Carey singing those words.

Its been a bear of a week or so, friends.

There have been great highlights (mom and dad's visit, Kristin and Chad being HOME owners, booking some flights for excursions later this summer, celebrating with friends who have just become married as well as some who have become parents or who have *just* found out they will!) but ya'll..... some serious lows too. An old friend encountering losing children (unbearable), stress on lots of levels (that I do not channel well... or at all) and just this general ick feeling that I couldn't shake. Was it also the rain? I just don't know. I can stop thinking of Crystal and what she's going through having lost her two babies in a car accident. Honestly, that is when its hard to believe God has a plan. Her heartbreak was the backdrop for my week and I feel as though I have just emerged today.

I'm A.D.D., so here's a jump.

I did a spin class tonight that was so hard, I threw up a little in my mouth... seriously. It was so gross. I joke about doing that.. but have not experienced it in a long time. Sara and I dominated it and then rewarded ourselves with some din din at Whole Foods afterwards. Did the ahi tuna sashimi undo my labors? No one knows.

This week leads into the wedding of my beloved former roomie Adrienne!! She and Bill will tie the knot on Saturday and I'm just so excited! They got the marriage license this morning, so I guess its offish. They're too cute for words and will make some of the most beautiful children this world has ever seen. I can't wait to celebrate them!

Random thought: Do you ever wish you could jump in to a life for a month and then return to yours afterwards? Today I had the distinct wish (like... for a genie) that I could be a professional dancer in NYC for one month. Nuts or distracted?

xo

No comments: