Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Horseshoes and Hand grenades

Post 99.

That's what we've reached together, folks. My 99th post. Not quite important enough to make a big fuss about.... to most people.

I am ALL about celebrating the "almost".

For instance:

In high school when i played rec-league softball for a team called... wait for it.... the "Lil' Rebels". Our sponsor was none other that Kemmerlin Taxidermy. That's right. So, there was this one time during a game when i very nearly caught the ball that plummeted deep into right field. i....almost.... caught it. (PS. "get under the ball" never made sense to me... i had depth perception issues. PLUS, who cares enough to hurt themselves for a game?? c'mon!)

Then, that time when i almost hopped a very spontaneous flight to Europe with Sarah! I had never been at the time and we happened upon a stupidly cheap flight to London, found a B&B, and planned out our whole adventure. Only to be thwarted by the terrorists presence at Heathrow and my parents insistence upon my not going. We ALmost got to frolic around London town. almost....

In Nashville, i am confident i have ALMOST snagged "the perfect job" and ALMOST gotten the perfect kiss and ALMOST reached my weight loss goals.

Here's the difference between me and most... ALMOST makes me excited! Hopeful, even! Its not a "wow, i was so close but blew it" situation to me. They haven't all been fun, but its more like, "wow! that was already quite an experience and it hasn't even happened yet. imagine how insane when it does!"

So, friends, as i teeter on the precipice of this, the 99th post and a world of "almosts", i am forced to crack a smile, pull on my big girl shoes, get butterflies in my tummy out of expectation, and forge onward in this crazy life with hope and anticipation of the GREAT things that are almost here!

3 comments:

Dr. Ambo said...

This, dear, is my favorite post. I almost got a job on a Semester at Sea term with Desmond Tutu! and I'm still giddy about it.

I like you.

Kelley said...

thanks, dahling. the feeling is myooch!

Mark and Rachel said...

Forgot how fun and entertaining you can be...thanks for the smile :)
B