Friday, April 5, 2013

story time.

Well, if you've been here for long, you know I love to hear and tell a story more than hot, salty french fries. Its close, mind you. But stories win every time. Naturally, that means I am a huge fan of The Moth Podcast.

So, I was particularly thrilled when Lyndsay told me about Nashville establishing its own monthly storytelling event! Less than a mile from my house? Even better. The stars had aligned, as they say.

A table full of friends (I think I may have been the only one that knew everybody at our table) perched happily in the back of  the room waiting for the fun to begin. Added joy? My dear friend Brian (who is married to my beloved Julie) was in town with a friend for a conference. Fresh off his flight from Baton Rouge, he zipped in ready to listen... and contribute!

The organizers arranged for five planned story tellers and opened it up for audience participants as well.  Those of us, who were willing, put our names in a hat and waited. There was no particular theme, so the range of stories was fun. Brian's name was called and he knocked it out of the park with a story that had the crowd gut laughing.

Just as the evening was coming to a close (all five speakers had gone- all five audience members), the hostess announced everyone had stayed within their time frame and we had time for another. She reached into the hat and drew... (shocker) MY NAME!

HERE is the story I shared (which you may recognize from days of old).

Enjoy the beautiful weather (assuming it is as gorgeous where you are as it is in Music City this weekend!)

xo,
K

2 comments:

holly said...

ooo my goodness Kelley. This is my best. Sitting here with morning coffee, and I couldn't have made up a better thing to watch.

holly said...

THE best. not my best?