Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a small veer.

I kind of miss just telling you things. However strange and disjointed. I love telling stories but, let's face it, sometimes I want to tell you the regular stuff.

Like:
  • That I had really delicious sushi from Harris Teeter last night. Like, notably good.
  • That I went back on my principles and WATCHED AN HOUR OF THE BACHELOR*
  • That I have some really great friends that feel like family.
  • That I got to teach my co-workers a seminar on de-cluttering and it was incredibly fun!
  • That I have been reading, y'all! (1.5 books down... so, not quite the 1 a week I hoped for but a LOT better than before.)
  • That I am going on two legit vacations this year! (any moms out there have full clearance to roll your eyes at the notion of a vacation from work only... but hey, I'm pumped! For the first year in a WHILE, I am taking trips instead of just doing wedding tours of the USA.)
  • That I have the sweetest sister the world has ever known. Trust me.
  • That good things happening to my family members can get me through a long winter.
  • That school-aged Nashville children had yet to go to school this year, basically, until today. Mothers everywhere spewed non fat/ sugar free chai lattes in every Starbucks in Davidson County BECAUSE THEY COULD. No more snow to keep those kiddos at home for another minute.
 I will bring a story to you soon. Cooking up a few.

kisses,
Kelley

*I didn't set out to do it. It was more like "I'm at my friends' house and its on and I'm totally interested because I remember this dill weed the first time around. PLUS THERE ARE FANGS involved. I didn't watch the whole thing but I have a feeling I will next week. GREAT. I have only one thought... is Seal's appearance on last night's episode the musical equivalent of the "Hawaii Trip" for sitcoms that are fading?

7 comments:

hootenannie said...

You miss telling us things, I miss hearing things from you. This worked out perfectly.

Kelley said...

xo

linda said...

i like all of this. i'm putting "fsm" in my netflix queue. prepare yourself.

Kelley said...

and.... you will let me know when it arrives so we can watch together, right? :)

GJ said...

Look. I need for you to tell me things and I also need for you to watch The Bachelor if only to even out my crazy. Which is an important function, HERETOFOR, I am happy that you are telling things and watching things and being super. I like you. (fangs)

Miranda said...

I watch the Bachelor too! It's two hours of utter ridiculousness...two hours completely wasted...two hours that I look forward to every Monday. :)

Claire said...

the Hawaii trip equivalent comment nearly made me do a spit take