Friday, March 27, 2009

Light Up My Life

I have a new love...




Its name is "Friday Night Lights". Its serious. like... serious, serious.

For the sake of full disclosure, I will admit that I have watched (thanks to my *other* love Hulu.com) 37 episodes in one week. That is not counting the two regularly aired episodes I have taken in as well. They aire on NBC on, well, Friday nights.

Friends, it is with ZERO embarrassment that I admit this. Something has taken me over! I defy you to watch the trailer and remain uninterested. Is it my southern football-obsessed town upbringing? Is it my love for those extremely well-developed characters? Is it that I want to BE Tammy Taylor when I'm a wife? Is it that I would embarrass myself if I were within 100 yards of any of them? No one knows. Its too hard to tell.

Something happened last night. A couple of somethings.

1. I caught up... as in, there are no new episodes for me watch.
2. They/we are victims of the unfortch writers strike last year... there's SO many lost episode opportunities.

I know you're probably just adjusting to the fact that I consider these characters real people. That's cool- I get it. But for real, y'all... Its just so good and it is beyond sad that I must wait (in eager expectation) for more.

I'm starting to annoy myself, but I'll leave you with this... "Clear Minds. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!"


In other news, Tonight is a bluegrass jam bday celebraysh for Nathan and Stevie. Should be really fun.

Furthermore, today is KATHERINE'S birthday!! WOO HOO!!! 30 and fabulous! I love you, KC. Hope you have the best day! xooxx Baby Kate is 2 today! SO crazy how time flies... and how very many birthdays there are in late Spring!! Katherine intends to do a study connecting the heat of July and the heat of lovin', I suppose. The facts don't lie, people.

A little later I will share my thoughts and emotions on missing my dear friend Kate who has now been in eternity for 5 years. Its overwhelming and deserves a post on its own.

Love and what not,
k

4 comments:

GJ said...

I love me some Friday Night Lights. Watching right now, in fact.

steal magnolias said...

good news is myboys comes back on TUESDAY

Unknown said...

kelley. its on netflix watch instantly. we shall discuss.

Beloved said...

In the wake of skimming my 47 new posts in my reader and seeing something about a new Friday Night Lights obsession, did I stumble upon a shout out? You are so precious (I almost missed it!). Thank you for your love, and the card...hilarious. Miss you, Kel!
Katherine (Baby Kate's other Aunt)