Thursday, November 29, 2012

These are my confessions:

Don't worry... this won't get weird.

Well, no guarantees. I mean, I'm a little weird. All I mean is I am not going to reveal my innermost thoughts. I just mean I get a kick out of laughing at myself and, today, I invite you to join me.

Here is a very short list of reasons you should laugh at with me:

(a) My iPhone "notes" have some real beauties. For example, under the title, "to occasionally remember" is listed only one thing... "Crazy Love by Poco."

Some other notes include a recipe for the perfect margarita, "at a glance" budget amounts for my spending, and "dream" cosmetic purchases to buy when I enjoy a windfall. But... Crazy Love? Completely awesome. I mean- it really is a good song.*

(b) I am incredibly embarrass-prone. Don't go thinking I actually get embarrassed. I just should be embarrassed a lot. Take last night, for example. Five of us girls trot in to Nashville's swankiest sushi joint to enjoy an ambush birthday dinner for Laura. We look cute and we know it, ok? I had taken two steps into the restaurant when I promptly swung my purse and knocked over a wall of bamboo. Fortunately, the pieces just fell on me (bouncing off my head multiple times which made me laugh harder) and none hit the ground. But seriously? Nice entrance.

Nothing compared to dramatically falling on the ground at my birthday dinner this year. 5 star restaurant. No bigs. Wait- did I mention Jon Bon Jovi was there? I had a knee bruise for 4.5 weeks but I laughed harder that night then in the month before.

(c) I became irrationally excited seeing Santa bring up the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade this year. On TV.... not live, mind you. I'm talking... tears in my eyes excited. I'm 33.


I'm going to go easy on myself and stop there.
Hope your Thursday is a great one!

xo,
Kelley

*don't forget that my favorite songs play at the grocery story and dentist office. I love a soft rock hit.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I promise not to comment on every post... but I do just love you.

Kelley said...

I LOVE YOU TOO! :)

amanda said...

I can't even remember the last time I LOL'd at a blog post. Until right now.

Holy crap, I love you.